From:
Eric Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jun 1999 20:26:13 -0500
Hi Carole,

Have you tried updating the floppy disk controller drivers? It may very well be
that they were corrupted by something you installed.

Right click "My Computer", open "Device Manager", expand "Floppy Disk
Controllers", highlight "Standard Floppy Disk Controller", clik "Properties",
"Driver" and "Update Driver". Follow the instructions and let
Windows pull it out of your cd and replace the current one.

If this doesn't work, repeat the above but choose "Remove" instead of
"Properties", ignore all the dire warnings and remove it. Reboot and Windows
will find "New Hardware" and reinstall the controller using new drivers from
your cd.

If that doesn't work, reinstall Windows into the same folder it now uses, this
will save your configuration and shouldn't effect any of your programs.

If that doesn't work you may very well be looking at a new mother board (you did
try replacing the 2 bit ribbon cable, right?)

Please let us know what happens, and good luck.

Rick

carole wrote:

> We were told by a computer service man that our problem is probably a
> missing DLL........We were advised to do a refresher reinstall of windows, but
> got no reply when we asked if this was a special kind of reinstall or was it
> just a download of the windows on top of our present program, ........ we
> sometimes are not too sure what some words mean in the computer world,

>    Carole Long

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html