From:
Brendon Schafer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 13:35:44 +0200
Byron.

I had the same or similar problem to that I think.
go to:
START > Programs > Accessories > Multimedia click on Volume Control. I don't
have sound board on this machine, so I can't be more precise from here on.
However there are I think 4 default sounds (CD Audio, Midi......<dunno what
else>) there are others and to get to those, I guess click on the View and
check any others you find there. I can't remember what sorted me out but one
of those was "Mute" and the check box had to be unchecked.

<Snip>
From: "Byron Wolter" <[log in to unmask]>
<Snip>

> A friend of mine has a computer with a DVD player.  When playing DVDs,
there
> is no sound.  The sound card works.  It plays music.  I'm having him check
> to be sure the sound cable is connected.  Other than that, what could it
be?
<Snip>

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com