From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 13:20:48 -0600
At 09:04 PM 7/25/2002, Jean Bourvic wrote:
>I have a power supply that has a very noisy fan when it starts up.
>Anyone know of a simple cure other than replacing the power supply? Or
>is there a source for PS fans?  This is a Pionex machine.

When those fans start making noise, cleaning them sometimes helps,
but by the time the noise is heard the bearings/bushings are nearly shot.
Typically, you can remove the fan and take it to most PC parts stores,
such as CompUSA, as a for instance, and they will have replacement
fans.   There are also websites that specialize in PC fans, such as
Plycon:  http://www.plycon.com/ , just to name one.

    Bob Wright
The NoSpin Group, Inc.
http://freepctech.com - http://nospin.org