From:
"Steven J. Wolfe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 16:45:14 -0700
Not sure if this will help with your problem, but there have been some
instances with Maxtor drives, using 80 pin cables... You may try it with a
40 pin cable. You might even check to see if your Bios has an option to
specify which type cable you are using. The problem with using a 40 pin
cable is that you will not be able to achieve the higher ATA100 tranfer
rates, but the slower 66. The only other option, would be to try to update
your Bios to a newer version, if available....

Good Luck,  Steve Wolfe........