Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 13:29:55 -0500
I am having some problems with my new CPU.

I have an Abit Bx6-2 and I wanted to up grade to a faster CPU.  I go to the Abit site to see how fast I can go.  They say with a bios up grade I can go up to a p3 700.  Cool I think.  I flash the bios with no problems.  It works fine with old CPU (Celeron 300a).  I put the new P3 700 in and nothing.  It won’t post, it won’t even give me a screen.

I have tried re-flash the bios, nothing

I cleared the Cmos, nothing

I tried different ram, nothing

I even tried another power supply, nothing

I took out most of the cards and even made sure that the CPU sitting right but still nothing.

I put my old CPU back in and it boots with no problems.

HELP!!!

I don't know what to do from here.  Has anyone else come across this problem?  I don’t want to scrap my Motherboard but if I have to…. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com