From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 06:28:55 -0400
The most likely reason that you can't login at speeds you were getting in your previous home is that the phone lines inside and outside your new home may not be good enough. Another possibility is that your new ISP's equipment may not be compatible with your modem.  A v.90 is not the latest incarnation.  You need to check with your ISP for compatibility issues.  Call their tech support people. Also, the theoretical maximum connection speed of a 56K modem is 53K, so at 50K you're nearly at its built-in limit.  A connection at 49333 is a very good one for dialup, and nothing to complain about.

Mike Stephens <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I don;t want to violate any rules of posting here So I hope if I have I will be sent a way to resolve the issue if it is not a hardware problem. Ever since my family and I have moved to Loveland Co from Southern California I have not been able to sign on at speeds greater than 49333. I have tried all of aol fixes to no avail. My Computer is basically a brand new Dell Dimension 8200 with all of the high speed bells and whistels without going so overboard in price as to set off any govt alarms.  It is a v.90 modem and I was just hopint to get pointed in at least the right direction to begin signing on at speeds approaching 52k.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com