From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 May 2001 18:05:22 -0700
I just went to Creative's web site.  There is no new driver for Win Me, only
a .pdf file for installing.  Your tech guy must have been hosing you. If you
are running the 5061-1inf.exe driver dated 5/7/99, that's as updated as it
gets. Go ahead and reinstall from Creative's CD, then look under drivers for
Win 98 for the .inf file dated 5/7/99. That is apparently as current as
you're going to get.  In fact, if you bought this modem after late 1999 you
may have already been running the most current driver when you uninstalled
the modem.  If the inf file on the CD is 5/7/99, just install using that and
keep on truckin'.

Subject: RE: [PCBUILD] Unable to Install New Driver for Creative Modem
Blaster Model Flash 56II - Isa Based Modem

When you tried to download the Creative driver from its web site you say the
function did not work.  What function did not work? Was the driver you got
from drivers.com an updated Win Me driver for this modem?  I have this exact
modem, and when I checked Creative's site for updates I could only find a
driver dated 7/1999 which I think is only slightly younger than this modem.
It just may be that you didn't download an update that runs in Win Me so it
would not recognize the .inf file. Have you tried letting Win Me install its
own driver for it?  If you do that you can just update the driver by going
to device manager, double-click modem, highlight your modem, click
properties, click on the driver tab, then click on update driver(of course
you will need to have an updated driver with an .inf file handy).  If you
can't get a new driver to install,reinstall your old one from the Creative
CD, then just update it from device manager.

Blaster Model Flash 56II - Isa Based Modem

I have been loosing my internet connection to my ISP.  Their tech suipport
rep felt that I needed to update my modem drivers.  I navigated to the
Creative  Site and tried to download a new driver for the modem.  Creative
indicated that an updated driver was available. I tried to download the
driver but the function did not work.  All I was able to do was view the
instruction page describing the install method.
I went to "drivers.com" and located a driver for the modem.  I downloaded it
and placed it on a floppy uninstalled the modem from my PC and re-booted.
The modem was found and I directed the installation program to the .inf file
on the floppy.  It would not recognize the file and bailed out back to the
screen telling me that it could not locate a new driver for the modem.

 I'm running WIN ME!  Which is the only thing that I can think of that may
be causing the problems.