Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 08:41:31 +0100
Bonjour David
I'll tried to be as clear as possible !!
My purpose is to link my 3 computers :
Main desktop :Duron 650 ,128 mo ram ,modemcard Numéris 64 K (ISDN),Fast
ethernet card(10/100)
in starting 2 possibilities with BootMagic :Windows ME or Win98 SE
Second desktop :Celeron 400,68 Mo ram ,pci card for 100/200(compatible
fast/ethernet 10/100).
in starting 2 possibilities :Corel Linux or Windows ME
Notebook Toshiba modem 56k ,PMCIA card and Win98 SE
In normal conditions main desktop and notebook are link together with the
correct crossover cable (modular RJ-45 at each end)The card is D-link DE-660
PC card
I may use indifferently modem V90 or ISDN for respectif computer (différents
phone lines)
Actually I resolved my peculiar problem and I can use the modem  ISDN and
V90 when the cross-over cable is deconnected
But for my main purpose complete echec(check I think)
I tried to install the link with a  cheap 5 Ports HUb and 3 normal cable
with RJ-45 at each end .
I am not sure  using Windows ME  is the best solution what du you think? I
have got the Windows 2000 Pro cd but I am a bit afraid to start !!
I have a lot of work to get the meaning of "carrier pigeon" at last I found
it in a US.Army english-french dictionnary edited in 38/39(1900 of course)I
don't think they still using that kind of transmission in the french army
but I am not sure
Hope to have tips soon
Have a good day and Happy New Year
Victor Gobert