From:
Loy Pressley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 1998 06:43:40 -0800
David Gillett wrote:

> > System particulars:  Gateway 2000 4DX2-66V with pentium upgrade 83 MHz
> > chip,
>
> the P83 upgrade always struck me as overpriced and underpowered.  How
> has your experience been -- would you do it again?

It has seemed to work fine so far.

I think it was overpriced but Gateway gave me a discount because of the
lawsuit against them for selling this computer as DX2-66 with a promise
of upgrading to pentium when the pentium upgrade chips came out.  The
lawsuit finally forced them to provide the upgrade chip.

I wouldn't do it again if there were a faster chip available for this
mother board.  Is there a faster pentium chip that will work with this
motherboard? Would it actually increase the speed given the VESA bus
system that this mother board has?

> 1.  Get yourself a copy of Partition Magic.  In this instance, Drive
> Copy is insufficient; PM does all that and some more besides.

Does Partition Magic have a site on the Web?

Thanks David,

Loy