Date:
Thu, 10 Dec 2015 11:01:40 -0700
  There will be a period when I will have two hard drives, each with a
licensed copy of Windows installed.  One will also include whatever
drivers and bloatware Compaq provides, but since my plan is to actually
run from the other drive, I'm hoping that extracting and copying the
drivers -- or downloading fresh ones from the web -- won't be too
difficult.  I don't see any legal issue in going from two installed
copies of Windows to just one, and I'm pretty confident that I can sort
out any technical issues that will arise.  This might include a repair
install, but I'm hoping that won't even be necessary.

David Gillett