From:
G&MSkokan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 2004 06:51:42 -0700
Trying to help a couple to share files, but maybe a part is missing?
Both systems are XP with simple file sharing enabled.  The internet
connection is a Direcway 6000 modem into a DSS 5+ Dlink switch and both
computers can access the internet.  One computer can see the other, but
cannot access either through network places or shared folders (The
shares do not appear on the other computer).  It seems that the computer
that can see the other computer changes by which one is restarted
first....does that make sense?  The workgroup names are the same.  When
the workgroup appears in Network Places, the computer cannot access.
the message is something like "you don't have access, cannot find host,
see your administrator"  I'm not good with networks and if anyone has
some suggestions, it would be appreciated. Thanks

George

--
George&Mary Skokan ([log in to unmask])

           The NOSPIN Group is now accepting donations to help
          defer the costs of providing PCBUILD and our website.
           Visit http://freepctech.com to donate using PAYPAL