From:
Dennis Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 20:49:41 -0500
There are several companies that offer freeware over the internet that also
includes a program to offer random pop-ups. One of the most common companies
is a company called "gain". I don't know where people find their software,
but it has been installed on several computers where I work. Once installed,
even with spyware prevention software and pop-up prevention software, it
will bring up several pop-ups an hour.

I would say that chances are, you downloaded such a program. You will need
to find it, and then find the companies web site for directions on how to
remove it. Usually, you just need to remove the sponsored software.

Dennis Noble
It's not what you want that makes you fat,
It's what you get.

>>In recent days I have  seen ads popping up while Iam on the internet
>>playing games or even doing paperwork on my own.
>These ads tell me that my system is insecure and if I go to their web page
>they will fix that for a fee.
>I have DSL (Computer is on all the time) , Norton Internet Securyty and
>Ad-ware to detect spyware . It detects spyware I delete what it found but
>the ads does not stop.
>I will appreciate any help on this matter.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com