Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 00:01:40 +1100
> Can anyone recommend a decent motherboard with 8X AGP, 64-bit PCI (PCI-X),
> USB 2.0, HT Support, GigabitEthernet(but not essential), RDRAM slots and
at
> least 533Mhz FSB.

It does not exist.  RDRAM was stopped at 850E chipset from Intel, New
chipset from SiS is not yet on mobo, and does not provide what you asked
for.  PCI-X only available on server board, but server board does not use
normal P4 CPU, it will use Xeon.  decent AGP 8x board will likely be dual
DDR board.  You might have to look for something like ASUS P4G8X Deluxe.

> Also, if my P4 CPU currently runs on a 533MHz FSB, can this same CPU be
used
> on a newer board with 800Mhz FSB whenever they become available or would I
> need to change my CPU?

You shouldn't need to change CPU, but never bet on it, Intel has full
history to force user change CPU and mobo everytime.

Jun Qian

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com