From:
Jonathan Navarro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 05:12:11 -0500
Hello again

 I must say thanks to all who replied the SCSI Info thread, it
 helped me a lot buying my new computer.

 In a few days I'll be putting together a Pentium II 300,
 ASUS P2L97-S, IBM UltraStar 2ES 4.5 Ultra Wide SCSI,
 32X SCSI-2 cd-rom, 4X12 cd-writer SCSI-2,
 Matrox Milenium II AGP 8 SDRAM, 64 Mb SDRAM 8ns, finally
 I end up buying a PCI 56K modem and 64-bit sound card, mouse and
 keyboard Logitech and to protect my investment I bought a
 420 Volts UPS.

 The motherboard comes with a 50 and 68 connectors, Adaptec 7880
 SCSI controller (both on-board), I need help with the SCSI cables

 1.Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm planning to put the cd-writer and the
   cd-rom drive in the 50 pin SCSI-2 chain, terminated by the
   cd-writer. The SCSI-3 chain terminated by the hard disk, can I have
   unused connectors between the motherboard and the last SCSI device?
   No terminator are needed, it can be done via jumpers.

 2.Is that true that I have to physically low-level format the
   SCSI hard disk in the BIOS?, then in the DOS define the partition
   and format it again?  Maybe someone can tell me the typical
   procedure to install a SCSI system.

 3.Any other help in mounting the Pentium II

   Thank you very much.