From:
Daniel Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 17:21:10 -0500
Steven,

I belive you would be able to do such a thing, but it may not be easy.
There are several diagnostic software packages that boot a pc from a floppy,
and run it isolated from Windows and DOS.  I think one I saw used C++.

It can not just be a standard executable.  It has to have all the hardware
calls and initialization strings necessary to get the pc hardware running.
I do alot of programming in Visual Basic, but I depend on Windows being
there.  To write software to boot a pc and initialize all its hardware is
really advanced.

Regards,
Dan

Hello all
Does any know whether it would be possible to run a PC from a C program
(i.e. with no operating system). Would I need to convert the program into
object code so the computer can understand it.
How would get the computer to recognise the program at start up, It would
be a very simple program.
Any Help would be appreciated
Many thanks

Steven Swann