From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2001 19:04:46 -0700
I think that is a message that your monitor settings are beyond the specs of
the monitor or your video card.  I had that happen to me, and as I recollect
I had to remove the video card, install an older one (left this out of my
original message), and boot with the system vga so that I could reinstall
the good video card and change the settings.

Hi listers

I am trying to solve this boot problem on someone elses system:
I havent yet seen the system but what Im told is that when it is turned on
it displays a small box on a black screen with the words "out of range,
check setup spec",  I asked her to hit delete to access the bios but
nothing happened.
        First thought is that there is a ram problem.
        Second thought is that it could be a dead  mobo battery.

any suggestions are appreciated, thanks

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com