From:
David Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jul 2011 09:30:54 -0400
I would try the following:
1. Look at the network connections and see if there are any "fixed settings"
in Ip address or DNS numbers. If so, remove and restart the computer.
2. or if wireless works, connect the laptop to wireless router.
3. Sometimes the cable company needs to be called and you have to make sure
that they are getting connection to their modem.
4. Buy a USB adaptor.

I would start with #1 and then #2, etc,