From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 11:53:17 -0500
When you purchased the computer, the builder should have given you an
original cd (with hologram) containing the Windows operating system, along
with the authorization code.

If he did not, then it is possible that you have an illegal copy of Windows.
He would want the drive back so that he could put a new illegal copy of
Windows back on your computer himself.  (That would make you an accessory to
a crime if you knowingly participated.)

If he gave you such a disk, I have no idea why he wants the drive back.  You
could reinstall Windows yourself.  You need to ask him to explain.  "extract
the images stored on it" makes no sense to me if it was a clean install...

The only other good reason I see for you not just putting a clean reinstall
on the computer is that he may have downloaded all the latest upgrades to
Windows.  This would be much faster on a high speed internet connection and
almost impossible on a dialup.  But I don't know everything!  :)

Dean Kukral