From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 1999 09:05:48 -0600
At 05:24 PM 8/30/99 , John B. Turcotte III wrote:
>System specifics:
>
>Pentium II-400
>128mb RAM
>6.4gb Hard Drive
>Win-98
>Additional components-SCSI internal zip, second 2.1 hard drive, CD-ROM, CD Burner and
>external LS-120, 1.2 & 1.44 floppy drives.
>
>The hard drive is partitioned in three parts 2.8, .5 and 2.8 with the .5 partition set
>as virtual memory.  Specific problem is that the .5 partition is displayed
>twice.  Originally drive 'E' and now as drive 'I'.  The 'E' drive appears to be a
>phantom drive-running in MS-DOS compatability mode.
>
>Is there a way to remove this phantom drive without doing a reformat of the master
>dive?  Any and all suggestestions are appreciated. TIA John

I have seen this issue created by internal IDE zip drives and/or
internal LS-120 drives.  Usually, upgrading the BIOS will solve the
issue if it is the LS-120 drive and using the latest IOMEGA drivers
will solve the issue should it be the zip drive.

I cannot say this will solve your problems since your LS-120 drive
is an external and the zip is SCSI.  But, if you are careful with
flashing your BIOS, these are easy fixes to try with little risk.

                 Bob Wright
        The NOSPIN Group, Inc
http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: