From:
Emie DelRosario <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 21:14:12 -0400
I am new to PCBUILD.  I am trying to help a friend rebuild his system after a virus wiped out his Windows mainfiles. I reformatted his 20 gig HD, did FDISK, clean-install his Win98 s/e and configured his components.  During this process, I ran into a problem with his USB HP Deskjet 612C printer.  Although Windows P'nP engine helped a lot (installing monitor, modem, scanner, etc.) but it does not recognize the USB printer. I could not seem to access his USB port to install the printer.  I have checked the BIOS and verified that the BIOS ports are enabled.  Also verified the System's Device Driver and it showed: USB Root Hub and a PCI to USB Universal Host controller.

With the HP DJ Driver CD in the drive, I attempted to load the printer for the XX number of times through Start/Setting/Printers/Add Printer.  The set-up program though would only give me the LPT and COM ports for configuration.  I am obviously not doing it right and the HP website is of no help at all.  I would greatly appreciate any help from anyone.  TIA.

Info:  Generic AMD 750mhz, 128 mb ram, 16 mb video ram, 40x CD, HP scanner, 56k modem and USB HP 612C DeskJet printer.

Emie DelRosario