From:
don kendrew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 01:30:54 -0500
I am currently running two monitors on win98 (not 98SE)  using a Matrox
Millennium  G400 dual head AGP video board. . . Machine is AMD K6 II 400Mhz
with 192Mb RAM on DFI P5BV3+ MB

My previous board was a 4 meg ATI, so I felt that it was time to replace
that and chose the dual head board for convenience.

My experience has been generally good. . . at least the viewing is great. . .

The downside was setting up. . . necessary to get the latest drivers from
Matrox and a Via specific chipset 4-in-1 driver for the Via chipset on the
motherboard.

Also, windows would not shut down properly after installation of the Matrox
card and drivers. . . to overcome this problem, I had to flash the
motherboard BIOS.

After overcoming thie installation woes I find the Matrox card as solid as
a rock. . . am able to switch resolutions and color settings for the
individual monitor with no problem.

My refresh rate ar set at "optimum" with the rate for my large, (20 in)
monitor held to 75 Hz as per my monitor repair shop's suggestion.

Have not had to make any BIOS setting changes. . .other than enabling AGP.
. . the previous card was PCI.

HTH

don kendrew

At 12:58 PM 3/29/00 -0700, you wrote:
>If someone has  worked with dual monitors on a NT or Win98 machine,
>could they suggest which video cards worked best, as well as the bios
>settings, monitor refresh rate and video drivers. Thanks.

         The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering the NOSPIN
        File Download CD... All the files from our File Download
         area and much more...  over 165 files, all on one CD!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions