From:
John Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 16:16:11 -0500
I'll paste the original problem below... do you think this
could be due to a motherboard problem?  I noticed that my DVD
is operating under PIO instead of DMA.  I've pretty much
decided it's not a hard drive issue, and probably not a video
card issue... any help would be great!  I don't want to be
humbled by taking it to the repair shop.

Problem-
My ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon worked BEAUTIFULLY until last
week.  All of a sudden, when trying to record (capture) I am
having severe problems.  When I record, the countdown timer
that lets me know how much time is left on the hard drive
doesn't move at all.  Then, when I click to stop capturing and
the video screen freezes.  The audio continues.  I have to 'end
task' to get out of it.  It doesn't appear to be able to
communicate and save to the hard drive.  It's definately not a
driver/software issue.  I've formatted the drive twice and have
tried the card on Win98, Win2000 and WinXP.  (All on the same
computer).  My next thought was that it may be the hard drive,
but Western Digital said if files save normally in other
applications, it's not a hard drive issue.  Then, I thought it
may be the video card itself.  I'm not convinced, though.  I do
get a warning when installing the 7.1 multimedia software that
one of my drives (one associated with my Zip drive actually) is
operating under PIO instead of DMA.  Sound like a motherboard?
Any ideas??
Pastor John & Amy Burton
www.revolutionchurch.net
(719) 201-1028