Date:
Sun, 13 Jun 2004 16:41:26 -0500
Peter Shkabara wrote:

>If the problem is with the Windows Operating System, PCBUILD is the
>appropriate forum. PCSOFT is primarily for application software, not the OS.
>Windows 98 is not as good about recognizing new devices as is XP. Do you
>have updated USB drives installed so that the USB interface shows up in your
>devices (not the ThumbDrive specifically)? When the E: drive window pops up,
>can you copy file to it using the copy command? If so, then indeed the drive
>is operating properly, just the Explorer interface is having problems. You
>might try a substitute "Explorer" interface such as PowerDesk to see if that
>"sees" your USB drive.
>
>You seem to think that your problems with the CDROM are due to the Windows
>drivers. If that is the case, then you should be able to boot your Window 98
>CD and try repairing the OS by doing a reinstall. If you can't boot the CD,
>then you might have hardware problems rather than software.
>
>Peter
>The NoSpin Group

If she has added several components to her computer, it is possible that
she may be taxing the power supply and causing problems, also. After
adding a 160 GB HD to my CD-R, CD-RW and 40 GB HD system, I sometimes
get a BSD when both HD's are active with the CD-RW working. I just
bought a 400 W power supply today to "upgrade" my 250W system.

Just a thought.

Jean Bourvic