From:
Joel Bluming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jun 1998 12:11:59 -0400
Dear Adam

I don't know if this is your problem but - I had a system that someone
gave me that did the same thing. The system would seem to boot but no
video. I didn't know if the boot process finished or not
It turned out that the motherboard was screwed down to the case in three
places (I usually only use 1 screw and use nylon standoffs for the rest).
The motherboard was shorted to the back of the case. When I reset the
board properly the computer booted right up
HTH
Joel Bluming

On Fri, 5 Jun 1998 16:29:19 -0400 Gonzo <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>This is where it gets kinda strange. First of all, the RAM *is* good.
>It
>checks out in another system. If both slots of one or both banks are
>filled,
>there is at least no video and I guessing the system isn't booting. If
>the
>first slot of one or both banks is filled, video comes up fine, system
>goes
>through POST, and only stops then right before it boots an OS cause it
>can't
>access a full bank. If the second slot of one or both banks is filled,
>the
>system just gives the POST beep code for no RAM. I've gone through
>this with
>multiple sets of simms and video cards and even tried a different
>processor
>and nothing makes any difference.
>
>Anybody ever see something like this before? Any idea what would cause
>it?
>
>I'm not sure of the brand of mainboard (the company lost the manual
>and I
>can't find any silk screening for identification). It uses a VIA
>chipset and
>has a generic S3Virge video card. The original simm configuration when
>this
>started was one bank of two 8 meg EDO's. The other bank is empty.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]