From:
Nick Torraca <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 19:24:07 -0500
I had a similar Canon printer (6000) and used to re-ink a lot. I found that
the sponge in the tank would dry out. At first I would take great pains to
not have ink drip out the exit, but when I realized that the sponge was dry
and not passing ink, I made a point of insuring that I got some drips. I put
a little ball of hot glue on the shaft of my fill needle to help seal
against the tank. You don't need to be under pressure for the whole
operation, but when its just about filled, seat your needle and give a
little harder squirt while tipping the tank and it should force some ink out
the exit. The other choice is to bring the tank up to your lips and give a
little puff in the fill hole to get the ink flowing. Better to get your fill
syringe to make a tight seal, its tough to get the ink off your lips. If you
still get the white lines then you may need to soak the head a little. I
used to gently set mine down for a few minutes on a plate with a sopping wet
paper napkin to cushion them. Pat dry and don't rub. Good luck. -Nick