From:
alan c lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2006 12:28:49 -0700
Denise,
	The first place that I would look when a system is sluggish is the amount of momery module installed.  How much RAM do you have?  If you have plenty of RAM, 1 GB or above, then look at how many applications do you have running.  It might be time to upgrade for RAM.
	Second of all, you might have installed some applications that are
set to automatically run when your OS boots.  If you are using Windows OS, you can
take a look at your Task Manager, press Ctrl + Shirt + Esc at the same
time (you can also right-click on the task bar, where the Start buttom is
located, to access Task Manager)  Take a look at the different tabs, look
at the Performance, the Processes that are running.  You might want to
stop some of those from running.  To customize your start up programs,
click the Start button, click RUN, type in "msconfig" (without the
quotation marks) to select and/or deselect.  Good luck.

Cheers,
Alan Lee

Alan Lee
Email: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]

On Tue, 9 May 2006, Denise Matthews wrote:

> > My computer is running slow, and sometimes seems to lock, and also cannot get out of windows.
> > On the internet at times cannot get from website to another.
> > The screen sometimes goes blank with mouse (egg shape) only on screen.
> > The mouse will move but obviously nothing to point at.
> > I am thinking of installing a Registry Mechanic type of software, will this help.
> > I am quite new to computers just learning, have no idea whats wrong.
>
>                          PCBUILD's List Owners:

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>