From:
Robert Chew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 18:48:45 -0400
Thornton Ege wrote:

> Has anyone had any experience installing a Mustek 600 II EP Plug-N-Scan (so
> called) scanner. It's a parallel port pass thru type and I can't get Win95
> to recognize it.
>
> First I tried the pass thru installation and that wouldn't work, so I
> switched my printer to LPT2 (where it works fine), but that didn't help.
>
> I have an Award bios that gives a choice of EPP + ECP or ECP + EPP for port
> control and it won't work with either one.
>
> Any suggestions?  Mustek is no help at all.
>
>                                 T.C. Ege
>                                 BOOKFINDER
>                                 PO Box 847, Menlo Park CA 94026
>                                 650 327 4574
>                                 <http://www.abebooks.com/home/BOOKFINDER/>

  I have one and a printer too through the parallel port; I just went to the
control panel,
clicked on "add new hardware", selected the scanning device, inserted CD rom
w/drivers
when asked for a disk and that was all there was to it! Make sure you use the
exact cord
that comes with the scanner too (I found that out the hard way).
    Rob Chew