From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 08:32:18 -0400
Yes.  The D drive changes because the slave has a primary partition.  Drive
order is
Mater Primary partition  (C)
Slave Primary Partition  (D)
Master extended partition (E and F are logical drives within partition)
Slave extended partition  (G and H are logical drives within partition)

This will go back to C D and E once the slave is removed.  If you install a
new slave later on, make sure you do not create a primary partition on it
and it will not change the drive letter order.
Tom Turak