From:
Bruce Boschek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2016 10:39:56 +0200
Hello David,

If it is Dell, this may help:
Please remove the battery and ac adaptor.  Then press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.  Now wait for 2 minutes.  Please reconnect the battery and ac adaptor and power on the system.

If that does not help and/or it is not a Dell, you might try this:

Try unistalling "Microsoft APCI-Compliant Control Method Battery" driver(s) , reboot, see it resolves the issue.

 In any case you should go to Google and put:

"No battery detected" in quotes and you will find this is a very common problem with many different possible solutions.

Good luck and let us know if you get this sorted.

Bruce Boschek

>  I usually use it plugged in, but it would sometimes be nice not to
>  have to. When the PC first arrived, positioning the cursor over the
>  battery icon in the system tray would produce the message "No battery
>  detected". Since it was a refurb, I was only a little disappointed to
>  think that it had come without a battery installed -- I hunted on eBay
>  and found an aftermarket battery for this model....
>  I was surprised to find, when I went to install my new battery, that
>  there was in fact something installed in the battery socket, something
>  labelled as if it were a battery. I assumed it was
>  defective/non-working, removed it and installed my replacement. Sure
>  enough, the message no longer says "No battery detected"...
>  Instead, it correctly reports that the machine is "plugged in" and
>  "charging". But the available battery power never varies from "0%", and
>  when I unplug it, the machine won't power on. Is my replacement battery
>  also defective, but in a different way? Or is there some problem with
>  the recharge circuit in the laptop? Or is there some other problem, and
>  how might I fix it?
>  The machine is pleasantly powerful, if a little heavy, but most places
>  where I want to use a computer and have AC power available, I also have
>  access to an even more powerful desktop computer. So mobility is he main
>  thing this machine has going for it -- or is supposed to...
>
>  David Gillett

>                           PCSOFT's List Owners:
>                       Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
>                         Mark Rode<[log in to unmask]>