Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 10:35:03 +0000
        Hi.
        If you install Linux Lilo on the MBR, it goes in the MBR of
the first HD (primary master). If Linux is not booting from the primary
master or its first partition, you should inform it in /etc/lilo.conf.
        However, if you decide to use the Samsung as master primary, putting
the jumper as master will suffice. You better check before a long Linux
installation that from a DOS floppy the hd can be accessed, fdisk'd and
formatted.

> Anyone happen to know the jumper settings for a Samsung WU 32543A IDE
> drive (2.54 GB) ?
>
> This is installed as the third hard drive on my system (as secondary slave). I
> attempted to install Linux (4 times so far) on it but LILO just cannot load the
> kernel from it (either from floppy or the NTLDR). I decided to make it the
> primary master drive and reinstall Linux to it. Looking at the J5 jumper block I
> saw this
>
> DXX DCX C-S (cable select) M-A (jumper on is master (one drive), jumper off
> is slave)
>
> There is no information on configuring it as master (dual) and no explanation
> of the DXX and DCX pins.
>
> I downloaded a file called Jumper.pdf from the samsung web site but my
> acrobat reader does not have the fonts to display the text properly (I actually
> think the information may be in Korean).
>
> Can anyone help ?
>
> TIA
> Gerard R Thomas      mailto:[log in to unmask] mailto:[log in to unmask]
> Port of Spain        http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/3829/
> Trinidad and Tobago  http://community.wow.net/grt/
> PGP Key ID 9DBCDE7D Send message with subject "send pgp" for key
> Key fingerprint 83 84 E7 71 E1 05 68 2A  80 B0 54 15 7B AB C3 60

Javier Vizcaino. Ability Electronics. [log in to unmask]
  Starting point:        (-1)^(-1) = -1
  Applying logarithms: (-1)*ln(-1) = ln(-1)
  Since ln(-1) <> 0, dividing:  -1 = 1     (ln(-1) is complex, but exists)