From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 08:06:39 -0800
Thank you to all who responded to my query. Kyle's experiences are
particularly helpful, although I disagree with him regarding CDR-W drive - I
have had problems and lack of support from HP on them. Printer experience,
though, has been excellent.

A comment to Michele. Although a laser costs more than an ink jet, the cost
to print per page is much lower. However, since an inkjet prints slower, it
may limit the printing that kids might do. In my case, my daughter is 18
years old and in her 3rd year of college, so I hope she has good reason to
print! :)

Peter
The NoSpin Group

-----Michele wrote-----
Ok, I apologise for my last answer. On re-reading, I've realised that you
aren't looking for a printer for a younger person, but for yourself. I'm
afraid I can't answer regarding laser printers, but if your daughter is
young, I do think you're very brave letting her loose with toner rather than
ink. My children would bankrupt me within a day. Sorry again. Michele Sayer

-----Kyle wrote --------
I could go on, but I think you get the idea.  I realize I'm probably a
little biased, but if that is the case, it's because HP has me sold on their
quality, lock, stock, and barrel.  Keep in mind, I don't particularly care
for their computer systems (though I do like their CDR-RW drives a lot), but
they make a h#!! of a printer.

Kyle Elmblade

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com