From:
"Bill M. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 13:51:05 -0600
-----Original Message-----
Subject: [PCBUILD] Windows 2000 & the num-lock key
I have run into a problem getting the num-lock key setting to stick. On my
home machine, I am running Windows 2000 pro and it comes up with the
num-lock set as I want it. However, at work I have Windows 2000 server. That
machine keeps coming up with the num-lock turned off after a reboot. I
changed the registry setting at HKEY_USER\.DEFAULT\ControlPanel\Keyboard -
InitialKeyboardIndicators to be '2'. After the change it goes back to '0
like magic when I shut down. In desperation, I made the change and turned
off the power rather than going through shutdown (I know this is bad, but I
was desperate!). All seemed ok for at least one reboot. Then the same thing
started. I just can't get the num-lock to come on at boot up. Any help is
appreciated. I did try to set the registry as Administrator as well as my
own administrator level account with not difference.

Peter Shkabara, P.E.

Hi Peter,
Did you try changing the setting in your Bios? Make sure it is set for
number lock active.
Bill M. Smith
Urbana, IL

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: