From:
Dave Hendricks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 09:58:36 -0800

Yes and No, just make sure you get the Latest AGP GART (Graphic Address
Remapping Table)driver for your chipset, (ie www.sis.com.tw for SiS 559x
chipsets; www.ali.com.tw for ALi Alladin V; www.via.com.tw for VIA MVP4).

Technically it's NOT a problem with the K6-2, its a problem with the Chipset
of the motherboard.

As Alwayz make sure you can get an exchange from your Retailer just in case
Y Card will not Work with X Motherboard.  I know of several people that have
had success with the Asus P5AB and Tyan Trinity S1590 and nVidia Riva TNT
boards.  I myself would much rather buy a 3DFX Voodoo Banshee if I had a
3DNOW! processor (don't forget the WinChip-2 3D has 3DNOW! too).  3DFX has
really streamlined their Drivers to take advantage of 3DNOW. Secondly the
Banshee doesn't use AGP's GART or DME; Banshee uses AGP as a souped up PCI
Slot. Therefore doesn't require a GART driver or Corelogic that is flawless.

>  Also, does anybody have any recommendations on
> what kind of
> video card to get??  I was also thinking about the Matrox
> Millinium card.

The Millenium G200 is a nice card, but see above.

> The PC will be used both as a business type PC and a game machine.  My
> boyfriend wants to be able to play games like Dear Hunter 3-D
> on it! :)

nVidia RIVA

I said you are what you do in order to      -  _Hat Shaped Hat_
prevent becoming what you're busy not doing -    Ani DiFranco

Dave Hendricks:  Linux-Junkie; MCP; Systems Integrator.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html