From:
Max Timchenko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 18:25:34 +0200
JL> Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, blacK. It is subtractive system, but CMY
JL> together produce dark brown due to pigment limitations. The fourth
JL> color allows a true black to be printed. Technically, the
JL> backround color is irrelevant, since it is covered by the pigment,
JL> unless you want white.

I think you are making a mistake here. The background color is
irrelevant iff color coverage is 100%. With most of the images, this
is not true.

As a simplest example, print a page of text (5% color fill, on
average) on white and colored paper. Are results the same?

Perhaps what you meant is that exactly these colors (CMYK) are used without
regard of the background (paper, wood, plastic, etc.) color. This is true.

+=-.
| Max Timchenko [MaxVT]
| [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
| (ICQ) 238-6792