From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 13:53:35 -0800
At 12:07 PM 2/6/2006, you wrote:
>I could still run the signal through my computer to watch tv on my monitor?

Direct TV is satellite right? So, if you have any kind of over the air
reception, you can also run a regular antenna, or cable TV, to the coaxial
input of your video card TV tuner. What ever it picks up can be displayed
on your monitor selecting TV as the output.

Then output your satellite box to the <In jacks>, video, and audio, of your
capture device. Then launch your TV driver software ( whatever you use to
watch TV)  and select <Line> as the source. Whatever the satellite box is
outputting, is what will appear on the monitor. Use the remote for the
satellite box to change channels. Use the remote, if any, for the capture
device to adjust volume.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://www.freepctech.com/rode/