From:
"Andrew J. Rozsa" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2007 00:10:23 -0500
Looked at the archives. Last info on UPSs is 3 years old. :-(

I am building my second box and I want to protect it., Since I am
going to put some nice components in it (Intel Core 2 Duo E6700,
Gigabyte P35-DS3R MB, etc.) I am going to get a decent UPS.

By the time I am finished I will have a system with a 500W PS (don't
know the power drain yet; it's not finished) and

- 21" LCD monitor
- powered speakers
- scanner
- wireless (LinkSys) router
- DSL modem
- 3 external drives (1-1394; 2-USB2.0)
- digitizing tablet

Without going mathnut (assume a power factor of 0.7), can someone
give me a ballpark figure as to what VA rating should I get? A bit of
line conditioning and possibly software control wouldn't hurt either,
so  does anyone have any preferences with such devices?

I would appreciate any help with this.

Andrew

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml