From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 10:40:39 -0800
Excellent advice Doug.  I have also seen this in older Magnavox monitors
very frequently.  Giving them a sound smack would get them working again.
In the case of the Magnavox's it was the light gun thingamajig (I can't
recall what they are called off the top of my head) getting old and then
getting stuck (at least, that's what the Magnavox technician said).

As enumerated in another post of late, I would not suggest you go poking
around the inside of the monitor unless you have experience with this sort
of work.  A monitor that is off and unplugged can still deliver a lethal
charge of electricity.

Kyle Elmblade
Distinct Computer Solutions