From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 1998 11:02:18 -0800
On  4 Aug 98 at 0:48, Adam Lloyd wrote:

> I seem to be having some monitor trouble.  I think one of the knobs is not
> working??  My screen "display" seems to be to wide.  So i can't read
> things to the far right.  In order for me to read anything on the right
> side of the screen i have to use the knob that allows me to scroll right
> and left.
>
> Any idea how i could solve this problem?

  On *many* monitors, there is another knob which allows you to
adjust the width of the image to fit the screen.
  Your monitor may not have such a knob.  [I'd be surprised
to find the one sort of adjustment without the other being present,
but it's possible.]  This doesn't mean that it can't be adjusted,
just that a technician has to open up the monitor to make the
adjustment.  I don't recommend that you try this at home.
  [To be fair, this isn't something that should routinely require
adjustment.]

David G