From:
Bill & Andrea Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 1998 19:40:04 -0400
Hi Len;

    And thanks for your input. Yes, just today I tested from connector PCB
point to connector PCB point with the wire connected to ensure the cable et al

was in good order.
    Also, I did use TCP/IP protocols today, and used "net diag" in a DOS
window as per someone else's suggestion. I set one system as the diagnostic
server, and then ran "net diag" on the other system. No luck. I also tried it
the other way. Is this the manner in which you were suggesting I ping one IP
number to the other? I get the impression you might have another suggestion.
    I do live in what might be considered the wilds; I have moose, wolves,
deer and bears living all around my house in Northern Ontario. However, I do
live only half a hour from the nearest town and if I wait, the people I got
these cards from will sooner or later have another two I can try. I had hoped
to avoid that, but if need be...
    It took me a minute, but I did realize that Robert Prickett was giving me
the same diagram back, only reversed compared to my own. I had a detailed
diagram provided by another list member, so I realized that Robert, and my
cable, were both correct. Thanks again.

Bill