From:
"Susan S. Hays" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 21:09:40 EST
I don't know if I can do this or not, but below is my original message.
After trying everything everyone has sent me for suggestions, my scanner
still doesn't work.  Still gives me the same message "OS error" and will not
let me install the update that I received from HP.  However, on the disk I
found a USB diagnostics file.  After running that file, I get the message
"USB Manager is unrecognized or no USB host".  It also tells me to check the
Device Manager for OHCI(or other).   First of all, I have no idea what a OHCI
is.  Secondly, I did check the Device Manager, but I really don't know what
to do once I get into it.  Could someone help me with maybe resolving the USB
problem that I have stated above?  I am not impressed with WindowsME at all.
Seems like there is always something continually thrashing around in my
computer.  It is constantly running.  That has got to slow my computer down
and interfere with what I am doing.  Sure wish I had Windows 98 back.

Thanks so much,
Susan Hays