Date:
Sat, 22 Aug 1998 05:56:00 +0300
On 21 Aug 1998 19:11:13 -0600, Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I am considering buying some Panasonic CD-R drives that
> are being offered to me at a good price.   But, I have been
> looking around for a review of these drives to no avail.
>
> I am hoping that someone here might have some practical
> experience with these drives.   They are:
>
> Panasonic model #CW-7502-B    SCSI 4x8 recorder drives
>  (internal 4write x 8 read)

I don't know if there is a difference between cw-7502 and cw-7502-B, and I
myself do not have experience with any CD-R, but I have recently decided
to buy the Compro CW-7502, which is in fact a different brand name for
Panasonic CW-7502 (same drive and same firmware).

Before I decided to buy it, I searched Dejanews to see what people say
about this and a few other CD-R, the 7502 exists for, I believe, two
years, which is perhaps considered as antique, but allowed me to have good
statistics and to check its reliability over years.

I can say that the opinions about it, were very good. I read more
than a few dozens of threads about it, and even over the years
there were practically no complains about its reliability.
The Compro 7502 is a bit cheaper in Israel, and comes with the Easy CD
Creator which is an excellent software.
I don't know with which software the Panasonic comes.

You may also find in the CD-R FAQ, that the 7502 is mentioned among the
recommended CD-Rs.
(On www.faqs.org it is in part2 of the FAQ, see:
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/cdrom/cd-recordable/part2/index.html ).

The FAQ has some comment about a conflict between the 7502 and the Diamond
Fireport, and offers a way to solve it.

Uzi