From:
Hulda Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 10:14:00 -0400
I have an HP AMD Athlon 64 3300 Computer Model a810n. My daughter felt so sorry for me with decrepit phone lines and no cable nor DSL in this area, so she gifted me with a Satellite connection. I am used to hibernating when I go away for a few hours but every time I try this mode with the satellite connection I end up having to unplug the Satellite Modem for one minute and reboot computer or I am not able to be online. I have called WB three times and they just tell me the satellite is designed to be online constantly. I am not comfortable with the fans in the computer running all day long. One person at Wild Blue told me to go to Internet Options and type under LAN connections: http://wpad.wildblue.com/wpad.dat which I have done but it really has no effect. I need to wake up the Satellite modem somehow  when I come out of hibernaton without constantly unplugging and rebooting.

 Does anyone have any suggestions for me.? Hulda

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com