Date:
Sun, 26 Apr 2009 18:31:50 -0600
I had a similar experience with a ECS motherboard. In my situation, there is
a bios entry related to choosing the default display that was set to the
PCI-E video by default rather than the onboard video. It did respond to an
old PCI video card that let me set the default to the onboard card.

I do have a question, though. You mentioned the 'font light' that I think
you're talking about the power light. Does the HDD light do anything? Or is
this a new hard drive with no OS to trigger hard drive activity? I had a
different ECS motherboard go bad on me under warranty that triggered the
power light and fans, but there was no activity from the hard drive or AGP
video.  This was one of the few times I was happy I'd bought the extended
warranty from Fry's.