From:
Brian Gay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 1980 22:52:14 -0800
Hello all , I have a good one for you,
    I own an emachines emonster 500a and I cannot get into cmos to save my
life(american megatrends version 1.04 oct 99).  I have tried every keyboard
stroke "delete", f1-12, escape, control alt escape, control alt enter, even
control alt delete.  I hit all these keys right after it boots and counts
the Ram,   and no luck, it looks for the cd then a drive, then boots from
ide-0. then windows loads. the website says to hit the delete key after the
elogo comes up, I quit getting that logo during the boot process quite
sometime ago, never thought about it till now.  I even replaced the cmos
battery thinking this would fix it. Nope.
   PC works fine just have the date stuck on jan 4 1980.I update it in
windows but it reboots back to this date.  It keeps the time fine though.
But when one day I may really need something critical and I'm screwed  I
have gone to the motherboards.org looking for a bios update thinking that
would solve it, but decided to pursue this route.  Any help is greatly
appreciated thanks.. Brian

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml