From:
Will Stephenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 11:39:34 -0400
Hello all!

I am in the process of researching the best broadband access for a
client. When they chose who to go with, they will have me set it up for
them. Right now, 8 computers share a dial-up account on the Windows 2000
server. My basic plan is to attach the broadband modem (either cable or
ADSL) to the server. My thought is that the clients will not have to
change any of their settings, as they connect to the internet now
through the LAN. (If anyone sees problems with my thought process here
or anywhere, please let me know...).

My question(s) revolve around the server: are there any gotchas
associated with adding a broadband modem to the server? Any different
services that would have to be enabled? Any issues concerning
addressing? (TCP/IP protocol is used internally).

Sorry that this question is so nebulous, but I keep hearing scary music
(you know, the music that crescendos just before the monster attacks) as
I prepare for this job. Thank you for your time and thoughts. It is much
appreciated!

Best, Will Stephenson

mailto:[log in to unmask]

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: