Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 22:07:57 -0500
First check to see if the power supply and case fans are running. Perhaps the pen was put into the power supply fan which stopped it and caused overheating.

Than check to see if the floppy, hard drive and cdrom will run. Than disconnect those units (power and cables)and than pull all the cards except the video. than power up and see if the computer will POST
You should see the 3 keyboard lights momentarly blink and a message will appear ont the sreen.

If you can't get this far you have CPU or memory or motherboard

Be sure to make notes so as to get evrything reconnected in the places.---Mike michel

From: "Dave Jones"

> I would look through the case and just make sure he didn't knock anything
> loose or maybe remove a jumper from the MB or loosen the battery.  if
> there's no beeps then it's harder to tell.  Check the RAM and all the cables
> for proper connection and make sure there's nothing else laying around in
> there that might look bent or broken off.  Then go poke out the eye of his
> Tickle Me Elmo doll.. :)
>
> Dave Jones

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>