From:
Gary W South <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 1998 23:03:18 EDT
I just helped a friend upgrade his 486DX2/66 clone from Windows 3.1 to Windows
95. After upgrading the sound does not work. If you plug the speakers into the
front of the CD Rom music will play through them. With the speakers plugged in
the sound card there is no sound of any kind. Sound worked fine with Windows
3.1.

His sound card came from Compusa and the box has  "Super Sound Origins Lite 3D
Sound Card" written on it. It came with no instructions or disks. On the box
it says windows 95 compatible, 16 bit stereo, fully compatible with Sound
Blaster Pro and Windows sound system.

Under the device manager tab there is a yellow question mark next to Other
Devices. If you hit the + sign next to that it shows 4 more yellow question
marks with PNP Sound Chip written next to each. Under properties each one has
a different I/O address, two of them also list ann IRQ, and one says direct
memory access 01. Each says it is working properly and has no conflicts. I
could not find a volume control anywhere in his programs and there is none on
the task bar tray. Any ideas on what could be wrong? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

TIA
Gary South