From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 16:11:25 -0600
From: Olushola Sowande :Subject: [PCBUILD] How to disable Power Management
in CMOS

> I have a ABIT BX6 2. I disabled the power management in in CMOS but
> the system still :goes to sleep" after a specified amount of time. I
> want to disable this to ensure I don't any performance hits when
> making a CD or capturing video.
>
> Olushola

There are two parts to disabling power management.  You did the first one,
next you have to right click on any empty spot on desktop and select
"properties". Your "display properties" will come up.  Select the "Screen
Saver" tab, select the "settings" button, and this will bring up your "Power
Management Properties".  Under "Power Schemes" select the option from the
drop down menu "Always on".  Then set the "System Standby" from the drop
down menu to "Never".  You can then select whether you want the monitor to
turn off or not from the drop down menu.  I usually have mine set to turn
off in 15 minutes unless I am writing CD's, then I change it to never.

Mary Wolden

                            The NOSPIN Group
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org