From:
Paul Hachmeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:05:22 -0500
First, check the date on the new color cartridge, HP doesn't
warranty them past the date - sometimes it is very hard to
read.  If it's past the date, try to bring it back to the
store for an exchange.  I've often found that the date on
the carton does NOT match the date on the cartridge.
I'm not familiar with that printer, but my old 855 has a
print self-test process executed by pressing the reset
button a few times.  That might generate a test page from
the printer directly, even without a pc connected.
I've had 'new' cartridges fail to print before, the purple
is new to me, as is black not working in draft mode.  You
might also try swapping the printer cable and check to see
that it is properly connected.