From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 00:39:52 -0500
Steven Perrott wrote:

> I have 4 computers on a simple Win98 network.  All is working with the
> network but the new printer I put on isn't working.  It is an HP 712c.
> It will work as a local computer.  I have tried to remove the two way
> communication features by going to a file in Windows / System called
> HPCFG13.exe.  All to no avail.  I called tech support and they said the
> printer can work on a network but they don't support this printer on a
> network.  Any ideas?

I have an HP Officejet 520 working on a simple Win98 network and I did not
have to disable two way communication on the computer the printer is
attached to.  I had to install the drivers from the HP disk on each computer
and then not load the HP manager at boot up on the client machines.  Windows
98 did not have appropriate drivers for the HP but did have drivers for the
two Epson's I also have on the network.  I also enabled the printer for
sharing with the network.

Mary Wolden

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html